Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Welcome Mom and Dad!

We had such a great time taking my parents around the area. Greg got to take them for a neat flight to Kake, and I showed them around Juneau while Greg was working.

This is a nice shot of the Mendenhall Glacier. If you ever see a postcard of it, it's likely to be taken from this spot with all the bright fireweed in the background. We were also so lucky to have such great weather! As we know in Juneau, if it's sunny, you're lucky!
We were able to go on the Glacier Bay Boat Tour which was beautiful! Greg and I went last year but it was so rainy we hardly saw anything. This time was spectacular. The Johns Hopkins Glacier put on a show for us as it was calving and causing big waves from the amount of ice hitting the water.



I think this was the best of the boys out of about 10 tries.
Happy Sam in Papi's new Alaska hat.

No comments: